Sunday, 8 May 2011

Standard Owls


These little fellows I spotted huddled in a group at a garden centre. One of them seemed particularly keen to catch my eye. I took his picture, but didn't take him home. I mean, really, who buys these things? An awful lot of people, that's who. The place was stuffed with plastic and stone gnomes, ducks, and half-naked ladies lounging alongside disapproving Buddhas. The English garden is over-run not with weeds, but with tat. Having said that, I have to admit I have a small stone frog in my pond ...

And Man U stuffed Chelsea today, and deservedly so. I can't wait for the Barca game in a couple of weeks ... Glory, glory etc. I was born in Manchester so I'm a genuine United fan having stood at the Stretford End to watch the greats. I even met George Best in a Manchester nightclub one Friday morning around 2am as he wandered in with two blondes, one on each arm, sunk several pints of beer, probably ravished both blondes and still went out and scored the winning goal later that day. Those were the days. What a guy ...

No comments:

Post a Comment