Friday, 27 September 2013

Bert Hardy


At the Getty Gallery in London, they're having an exhibition of images by Bert Hardy who is not particularly well acknowledged I don't think amongst the wider public. Popped into the place last weekend and enjoyed looking at some wonderful images from the man. 

This image taken in Blackpool on a fixed focus box camera captures the spirit of a holiday in a town I grew up in. Prints from original negatives can be bought for as little as £250. I'm tempted...

By contrast, hanging in the National Portrait Gallery, were some photographic portraits of famous women. The pictures were significant only for their plain ordinariness and utter lack of insight.  Which I can only assume was their point as I can't think of any other reason why they should be on display. 

Pictures from two women photographers were on display. Here's an image from Nancy Honey which is fairly representative of her work. 




No comments:

Post a Comment