Monday, 19 May 2014

Porthole on the Future.


This little scene was snapped by borrowing my daughters little iXus camera. Whenever I don't take my own camera, these photo-opportunities seem to arrive. It's a conspiracy, I tell you. Fate has it in for me. 

It's not a bad little camera, but the lens distortion, noise and jpg compression is a little high. Especially the lens distortion which is made more obvious by the tile lines. I did try correcting the distortion but that circle gets twisted up in the process so I'll just live with it as it is.



2 comments:

  1. The porthole and young observer far outweigh any notable distortion. Outstanding shot!
    Some conspiracy.... so buy a small, pocket camera that has great reviews. Or Google Glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very tempted by the new Fuji EX-2 to be honest... Google glass? Hmmm, I don't think so.

      Delete